Thursday, June 23, 2011

Random WIP dump

I've been having a bit of an art-slump lately. It's not really art-block or anything that clearly explained - it's more like a small crisis about what direction my style is going. I start a drawing, then stop working on it because I get frustrated at my inability to get it just right, then pick it up a week or so later and do the changes I wanted on it perfectly, then I'm happy with it again for a moment until I run into another problem with the same drawing. Then it ends up waiting on my hard drive for a couple of weeks until I feel brave enough to continue with it, fix the problems, and feel satisfied with it again until I find something else to nitpick about.

Here's a couple of WIPs that have been tweaked and re-tweaked way too many times over the past couple of months. I really need to get these two done so that the people they're for don't get too impatient with me. :P



The only things I seem to be able to manage to finish are pencil sketches. Here's one I did for my kinship in LotRO:
Oh well... with the amount of drawings I was getting done during the winter, I was overdue for some sort of art crisis I guess. Here's hoping this one won't last the whole summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment